Monday, July 25, 2011

Bread & Puppet Theater


I got back to the states late Saturday night and spent yesterday on a spontaneous mini Vermont road trip. Hanna, my dear friend from high school (and middle school!) and I drove out to Glover to see the iconic Bread & Puppet Theater. Bread & Puppet originated in the 1960s as a political theater group and became a staple at many Vietnam War protests. Today they're based on a farm in Vermont and give free performances of their satirical circus in the summer. As their name suggests, the company gives out homemade bread to their audiences because they believe that bread & art go hand in hand as fundamental basics to everyday life. I felt like I was back in the Crum at Swarthmore in a very satisfying way. It was a beautiful day of art and sunshine and a classic Vermont experience--a great way to say goodbye to my home state.



©

No comments:

Post a Comment